Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Find Joy Mixed Media with Jenn Engle


Hey everyone, Jenn Engle here with you today to share an art journal page.


OOAK Artisans, Mixed Media Jenn, Art Journal






It’s no secret that I am a huge Dina Wakley fan and her face stamps are some of my faves. For this one, I tried to color her as realistically as I could using Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers.


OOAK Artisans, Mixed Media Jenn, Art Journal

Once she was colored, I set out to create a quick and easy background. Whenever I want quick, easy and BOLD I reach for my Dylusions Ink Sprays. You can create a beautiful background in no time with them! I also added a bit of stamping, but that is pretty much it.


OOAK Artisans, Mixed Media Jenn, Art Journal


To create a cluster for my lady to sit on, I colored a piece of cardstock with the Dylusions to look just like the background. I used a piece of vintage book text to make sure my top piece wouldn’t blend in with the background.


OOAK Artisans, Mixed Media Jenn, Art Journal



To ground my face, I put some black and white washi behind her. To finish up, I added a Tim Holtz quote strip and that was it!

To see exactly how I made my art journal spread, you can watch the process video.





You can find more of my work over on my blog at www.mixedmediajenn.blogspot.com

Thanks so much,
Jenn Engle

No comments:

Post a Comment