Monday, May 1, 2017

Another Introduction :) Design Team!


Hello everyone, Leah here with some fabulous news!  Shelley and I have put together a talented design Team to help her market OOAK Artisan Showcase :)

We have five regular Design Team members and we are also looking for guest bloggers!  If you are interested in guest blogging, please let us know at blog@ooakartisans.com

Our new Design Team members are:


Leah Tees, Artist
Coordinator of Marketing and Design, OOAK Artisan Showcase

Hello everyone! I have been addicted to art for as long as I can remember, and my history with art is varied! I have created jewelry, worked with wood, been an acrylic painter and instructor, worked with oils and watercolors and been a paper crafter; art and color are my escape and my heaven. I am excited to be leading this talented team and to be working with Shelley Graham Turner, who has been a friend since my jewelry-making days:)



  Jean Stambaugh Peter

 I have been doing art for as long as I can remember, I have always had a creative streak, and have been a creator of many arts all my life.  Starting when my children were young, doing flower arranging and tole painting.  My tastes and styles have evolved through the years, dabbling in and perfecting many mediums. I spent 20 years designing and creating my own style of jewelry, which has led to the recent passion in Mixed Media. With this style my works include almost anything, including repurposing many items others would consider trash. I have lived in Hobbs NM for the last 10 years with my husband of 36 years, Gary.  I am a member of the Llano Estacado Art Association and have served on the board for 7 years. Most of my time is spent creating art, and spending time with my family. My favorite art buddies are my grandchildren.   



Sharon Harkness-Dobler

I am an American ex-pat from Cincinnati, Ohio now based in Germany. I am a self-taught artist, sewer and doll maker. Art has been a staple in my life since childhood. Some of the earliest memories of my art journey include receiving a sewing machine that sewed with glue as a Christmas gift, making stamps carved out of potatoes...I got into real trouble for that one. Oh, and I can't forget about the sandals that I made out of cardboard. Yes, one could say that my love of art has taken me to some very creative places.

My goal is to create art that brings joy. I enjoy painting and illustrating my figures and placing my dolls in situations and surroundings that reflect moments of happiness, mediation, reflection or in communion with nature. My art is a reflection of how I see myself.



Jenn Engel

I am a Mixed Media Artist and Art Journaler from Pennsylvania. I have been painting and journaling for as long as I can remember, butit wasn’t until these two creative outlets came together that I truly found my artistic voice. In 2013, I started my YouTube channel, Mixed Media Jenn, so I could connect with like-minded people, share my journey and hopefully inspire others. As an introvert, sometimes I can’t find the words to express myself, which is where art comes into play for me. My art speaks for me when words fail. I just want to encourage and inspire others to express themselves in whatever form they can! When I am not working (as a home health care aide) or studying (I’m also a full-time student working towards my bachelor’s degree) I can be found in my studio covered in paint.



Roberta Laliberte 

I am a mixed media artist from Manitoba Canada. I teach to an online community as well as integrated arts education in schools across Manitoba. 
I love exploring new mediums and surfaces as well as tiny moments in everyday life that define who we are.


Each of these artists has a unique and vibrant talent that you will get to experience every month on the OOAK Artisans Showcase blog. Starting Tuesday, May 2, and continuing every week. We will also be featuring OOAK members and their art once a month, doing   product recaps and full DT member features. We hope you will come back and visit us soon :)

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations everyone! Looking forward to your creativity!

    ReplyDelete